We all could stand to do some decluttering, even if you’re the minimalist-iest minimalist that ever minimally lived. Stop feeling bad about the mess in your home and get to work. Grab a box or garbage bag, walk around the house, and ditch these things taking up space in your life.
Don’t start now, start today. I promise you’ll feel way better!
Here is a short list of things to purge:
- Boxes from products
- Socks You Don’t Wear (or don’t have matches)
- Millions of Receipts
- Little screws and nails
- Every piece of clothing that doesn’t make you feel beautiful
- Colored in coloring books
- Mail, bills, coupons you won’t use
- Email subscriptions (use unroll.me to quickly purge them)
- Pillows and decor that you don’t love
- Any item that is sparks more frustration than joy
- Expired food
- Food you don’t see yourself using (not expired? Donate it!)
- Little Dumb Toys
- Missing Puzzle Pieces
- Kids’ clothing that is stained or damaged
- Legos (oh the Legos! Your feet will thank you.)
- Craft Supplies for “That Craft” you never did
- Every Little Paper Your Kids Drew On
- Broken Crayons
- Clutter Collector Furniture (i.e. ones with drawers you’re not utilizing)
- Clutter Collector Bins
- Dollar Store & Dollar Spot Crap
- Extra Trips to the Store
- Things collecting dust that you have no use for
- Furniture that just takes up space
You guys are good.
- Pens that don’t work or don’t work well. They are not going to be miraculously healed in the drawer.
- Envelopes. All envelopes. If I need the return address I enter it in my phone or snap a picture.
- Make up samples
- Extra buttons in little plastic bags from every clothing item ever purchased.
- Pencils with crappy erasers, pens that don’t write, the 900 tiny character erasers that your kids bring home from school for every holiday.
What did I miss?
Add your suggestions in the comments, or join the discussion on facebook! I’ll keep adding them as you suggest them.