Every now and again I find myself in some sort of slump.
Whether it’s a bad day or a bad thought or a bad few minutes, it’s not a good idea to dwell on it. Sometimes all I want to do is dwell on it and trudge through my day, but all that ends up happening is that I’m all mopey and crabby and I waste a day.
Here are 31 ideas to cure a bad day. I’ve tried each and every one of them and can vouch that yes, they do help!
1. Take a shower
2. Jump up and down a few times
3. Get dressed, put on some makeup
4. Turn happy music on, loud.
5. Call your husband, mom, or a friend just because.
6. Make your bed.
9. Take your vitamins. (I take these.)
10. Go outside. Take a walk around your yard. Kick a ball around.
11. Let the sun from a window pour over you.
12. Not sunny and freezing? Put your coat and boots on and RUN outside. Run back in.
13. Take a break from social media.
14. Instead of gossip or bad-mouthing, think of 5 nice things to say about them.
15. Set a timer. In 15 minutes you will do X. In 20 you will do X.
16. Organize something small and dedicate yourself to finishing.
17. Exercise. Get your kids to join in and try not to giggle at them.
18. Challenge yourself not to yell, or only speak in a pleasant tone. (Sarcasm is sometimes acceptable.)
19. Get down on the floor and play. Build a fort with your kids.
20. Read a story. Add silly voices.
21. Cuddle someone.
22. Get off the computer. Stop checking your email.
23. Find 5 beautiful things in your home. Find 5 things you love about your home.
24. Run to the store.
25. Take fun, cute, and silly pictures of yourself. Get the kids in on it.
26. Make something. Get crafty. Bake something.
27. Smile big for no reason and keep smiling. Even if it feels annoying.
28. Plan dinner and get it all ready to go. If early enough, throw something in the crockpot.
29. Archive everything in your email inbox.
30. Ask your kids to tell you jokes.
31. Laugh. Laugh a lot. Laugh really loud.
How do you get yourself out of a bad day or mood?
Also, you may have noticed that once again I changed things up as far as the header goes. I feel like I have finally found a header that conveys what I want this blog to be and a tagline that sums things up quite nicely. I mean, coloring outside the lines? How perfect could that be!
If you’re reading this in email or a reader, please click over and let me know what you think. Thanks guys!! :)